In this post, let me explain my brethren in the Church of Christ that it is not my intention to deceived anyone by introducing wrong doctrine but to expose some theories of equivocation of the Church doctrines. We have every right to doubt the Church doctrines specially the way Church leadership conducts themselves. The theories are subject for further discussion, analysis and it is up to you to study more of the scriptures. Please read “Test The Spirits Whether They Are Of God” why you should learn more of the scriptures.
One of the doctrine in the Church of Christ is the obligation of the members to lead a new life. It is not enough for man to join or become a member of the Church of Christ to be saved. Members who lead a new life are truly of Christ and of God. Thus, all sinful ways should be renounced by a member of the Church of Christ, and he should live by the teachings he has received.
The statement sounds very convincing to be a truthful, honest, good moral and spiritual doctrine. Let me uncover some of the theory of equivocation here based on some verses in the scriptures.
Let us dissect the theme of the doctrine
- It is not enough to become a member of the Church of Christ to be saved.
- Members should lead a new life, so you are truly of Christ and of God
- all sinful ways should be renounced.
- live by the teachings he has received.
It is not enough to become a member
Let us refer to John 10:9
the statement says “anyone enters by Me, will be saved“. The Church doctrine just contradict the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ that it is not enough to enter. Why the Church introduced this doctrine? They need continues supply of offerings and bible students. Notice when Minister explain how to renew your life, It is followed by the teachings of offerings and propagation.
Let us split the verse
- I am the door – the door is our Lord Jesus Christ. There is no mentioned of a “Church” or “Church of Christ” but only our Lord Jesus Christ. Do you get the difference? In the article “For The Promise Is To You And To Your Children, And To All Who Are Afar Off” I made a theory of equivocation on siting Ephesians 2:15 regarding the “one new man from the two” refers to the Jews and the Gentiles, not the Christ as Head and His body as the church. This is my point the Lord Jesus Christ is not equal to Church of Christ in the context of John 10:9.
- anyone enters by Me, he will be saved – clearly Christ says ‘anyone’ enters by Him. The question now is how do we really enter to Christ? Is there another way?
Now we know only way is Christ but is Christ = Church of Christ?
- will go in and out and find pastures – Christ says “will go in and out“. He did not say get yourself registered in the Church to be saved. Do not allow yourself to get expelled or you will be condemned and go to the lake of fire. Entering the door is not the door of the chapel and going in and out is not going in and out of the chapel. Clearly Christ says “will go in and out and find pastures“. Those who enters Christ have freedom of in and out and still will find pastures. What is mean by in and out? Jesus was said to be coming in and out during the time of the Apostles.
Using same context of Acts 1:21, the “in and out” is the daily coming in and coming out of Jesus. The “in and out” in John 10:9 are the are the ups and downs of our life. Sometimes when life is good, we tend to forget our Lord. When life is sorrowful, we go back to the Lord for help – even so Christ says we will find pastures.
How Can We Lead Our Life?
There is little doubt of theory of equivocation here because the Church changed the word “walk” to “Lead” when studying the doctrinal lesson. Let us understand what is stated in Romans 6:4.
Who can lead our life? Not ourselves but the Spirit of God.
All sinful ways should be renounced.
We will not dispute this statement.
live by the teachings he has received
This is not bad doctrine at all. But what about if the teachings received are not correct? How many verses have I put in theories of equivocation? I am not saying those verse are incorrect but still opens a doubt and subject for revisiting for analysis. We know now the The true children of God are led by the Spirit of God (Rom.8:14) and those who are true preacher teach the gospel of peace.
What about the current Church Administration what kind of gospel do they preach? The gospel of fear. The fear of expulsion. The result is what is stated in Romans 2:14-15
Those who through fear of death [ lake of fire ] were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Bondage means the state of being bound by or subjected to some external power or control.
How can we get out of bondage? We can learn from the experience of the Jews during their slavery from Egypt.
It is God who can remove us from bondage. Through His gift, through faith we are saved.
The gifts of God are irrevocable
Man cannot change this law of God. therefore there is no such thing as expulsion that take away your salvation. We will uncover the theory of equivocation on the teaching of expulsion in the future post.