The the Ten Commandments revealed through Moses:
- I am thy God and thou shalt not have strange gods before me.
- Thou shalt not take the name of God in vain.
- Remember the Sabath day and keep it holy.
- Honor thy Father and Mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.
The Cornelius Theory of Equivocation
These are the Ten Commandments of the Iglesia Ni Cristo.
- You shall not let your love for God grow cold.
- You shall not forsake the worship service.
- You shall not turn your back on your membership in the Church of Christ.
- You shall not lose faith.
- You shall not live in the works of the flesh or in sin.
- You shall not violate the love of the brotherhood.
- You shall not neglect the house of the Lord or leave it in disrepair.
- You shall not neglect our mission to bear fruits.
- You shall not be remiss in the performance of your duties.
- You shall neither rebel against nor contend with the Church Administration.
Revelation 22:18-19 teaches that anyone who add or takes away from the words of the book of prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life.
Why then the church have separate ten commandments? Is this not adding to the words of God as instructed in Revelation 22:18-19?